Paribus Review: Is It Better Than Ebates?

paribus review

I’m a big fan of saving money on purchases whenever I can. Like most of you, you’re probably using Ebates or a similar app to save a bit of money on regular purchases.

Enter Paribus

A new app called Paribus also claims to help you save money. If you didn’t know already, a lot of retailers offer price-matching on purchases if you happen to find a lower price within a certain period of time (usually within a week or two). What this app does is help you track your online purchases and if a price matching savings is found, the app uses bots to automatically apply to get you the difference. The interface looks like the following:

Paribus-Review-SC
Interested in hearing more? Then read on for my Paribus review.

A Detailed View Into How Paribus Works

After downloading the app (or creating an account via the Paribus webpage), you simply link your email account to Paribus. What happens then is that the company will keep an eye on your inbox and scan it for receipts. Once Paribus has found some, it’ll then go to its servers and goes to work for you.

If they price drops for the item you bought (or there’s a coupon you could have used), then Paribus will see if you’re eligible for a refund. If yes, then the company will automatically file a price adjustment for you. Paribus takes 25% of any money gained as their fee. You get the remaining 75%. They use bots and automated processes to make the whole model efficient.

Of course, this does come at a price. Paribus will take 25 percent from the price difference. They only currently support about 20 online retailers (Zappos included) so you may not be able to take advantage of this if yours isn’t on the list.

paribus supported online retailers
 

Are There Security or Privacy Concerns?

Yeah, it may seem weird that Paribus has access to your inbox, but they do have a privacy policy. Think about other companies who have sensitive information on file about you. It’s a similar thing. If you still feel weird about it, then this may not be for you. Plus, Paribus is owned by Capital One Bank so they use heavy duty industry-level encryption.

 

Is It Worth It?

Yes, you do need to split the amount of money Paribus gets you, unlike Ebates, but paying a little to save a bit money might be worth it, particularly if you make a lot of online purchases or will be making a big one.

Let’s say you purchased a TV for $500 and you find out later that the price dropped by $100. If you use Paribus, then you’ll end up getting $75 back after Paribus deducts $25 for their fees. That’s pretty good if you ask me.

If there are online retailers on Ebates, you can shop there too and still use Paribus. That way, you’re getting cash back on a purchase and have the potential to save more if the price of the item drops. For frugal people, it’s like Christmas in July!

So if you enjoyed this review of Paribus and want to sign up go here or check out the video below for more details:


Get Your FREE Book Now

Screen_shot_2017-10-02_at_3.24.40_pm

Submit your email and name below to receive "How to Get Out of Debt" straight to your inbox.

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by ConvertKit

One thought on “Paribus Review: Is It Better Than Ebates?

  1. Pingback: How Much to Give for a Graduation Gift? - Stapler Confessions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *